Google Senior Accounting Systems Analyst in Sunnyvale, California
Google accountants are a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting responsibilities at Google. As a member of this team, you know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You'll advise on financial reports required by governmental regulations, and you'll review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports -- and all this sounds like fun to you. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate with our global team, advocate best practices and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it's all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support Google's business objectives.
As a Senior Accounting Systems Analyst, you'll support the Corporate Accounting organization and assist with the Accounting Close process, system implementations, enhancements and maintenance as needed. Your expertise in Accounting and Systems, specifically SAP FICO, is called for to work with cross-functional teams to define, build and rollout innovative technology and business process solutions to increase efficiencies, reduce cost, improve customer satisfaction, and drive consistent processes.
You'll play a vital role in the Accounting team as we redefine our processes and systems, while you interface with business teams to assist in gathering and understanding their requirements, flow out the ‘as is’ and 'desired state' business and process flows, dig into the details to understand the problem, coordinate requirements discussions, document requirements, and act as the liaison between the various business and technical teams.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Provide functional subject matter expertise in SAP and other systems to anticipate customers' needs.
- Participate in development of systems and processes that extend the benefits of the SAP environment to internal and external customers.
- Partner with functional Data Managers and Architects to develop master data design and processes as a result of business process changes to ensure complete, on-time and accurate master data records.
- Gather functional requirements for enhancements/development items, documenting scope, business requirements, system configuration, design and functional specifications.
- Execute on Financial Close processes on SAP FICO, other ERP systems and Reporting systems.
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Management Information Systems or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in SAP, specifically in FICO.
- 3 years of experience in Audit, General Accounting and/or Accounting Close processes.
- CPA/CA certification.
- 5 years of experience in technology or consumer service industries and/or consulting firms with extensive exposure to ERP and accounting systems and SAP architecture.
- Experience in SAP implementations, upgrades, regression testing process and end-use testing.
- Experience with business process definition and systems analysis/design.
- Experience working with accounting systems, and experience leading strategic projects combined with the ability to execute tactical project-level activities.
- Effective analytical and business process re-engineering skills, with attention to detail.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.